Wednesday 9 May 2012

Modelling/curves/Change of idea





Modelling in Maya has been a challenge and I honestly think that it was complicated and frustrating because I was scared of the software, I wanted to know exactly what i was doing before pressing any buttons and that made everything even more complicated, so I sat down and started working on a new idea, once I had the plan out on paper, I started working in Maya, investigating everything, and it became fun, and experimental, now i started to enjoy doing everything, even if it took a day to even days of modelling one object.

To help me structure my new idea better, I started by picking a theme. This was "office desk" and then thinking of objects and how to model these objects, what the whole reason for the chain reaction would be and so on.

This is a birds eye view of my desk with the objects in order I made in Photoshop.





I now started to model for my final idea, It was extremely challenging to get the hang of working with vertexes and extruding to bring all parts of the desk together. I created the desk shelf, then extruded the legs, and used extrusion to create the empty spaces above the drawers. I then made a seperate piece for the back and combined the objects together. I am  happy with the outcome of the desk and whenever i had problems, Lavell would point out how to fix or improve certain parts, this helped me a great deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment